Consalo Family Farms maintains a constant commitment to the customer. This includes a constant commitment to food safety. The ever-changing nature of the industry requires our staff to constantly update and implement the newest and best policies. Employees at all levels are trained so that all personnel can contribute to the overall food safety of the organization.
Our facilities and products are inspected constantly, beginning at the farm level and continuing through distribution. We are audited by Primus GFS, recognized by GFSI: the Global Food Safety Initiative. The rigorous guidelines required by Primus are used at Consalo Family Farms on a day-to-day basis.
Consalo Family Farms received the Environmental Stewardship Award from the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection for voluntary efforts to improve the environment. Our organization was recognized for hazardous materials reduction, water use reduction, and materials conservation.
Food Safety is our Priority:
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- Good Agricultural Practices
- HACCP: Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point Compliance (International HACCP Alliance certified individual employed)
- Preventive Controls Qualified Individual Employed
- Hygiene and Handling Policies
- Food Safety Training
- Security and Food Defense Policies
- Quality Assurance/Raw Materials Purchasing Programs
- Incoming/Outgoing Trucking Inspections
- Incoming/Outgoing Product Inspections
- Storage Policies
- Standard Operating Procedures and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures
- In-Process Controls
- Traceability from the farm to the retailer
- Recall Programs