- 2 large eggplant, sliced 1 inch thick
- 24 oz tomato sauce
- 20 slices provolone cheese, mozzarella works too
- 3-4 oz fresh cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat your oven to 425 F.
- In two baking trays arrange the sliced eggplants. Sprinkle the salt and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the baked eggplant from the oven and turn your broiler on.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce over each eggplant round followed by one slice of provolone (or mozzarella).
- Arrange some fresh spinach and cherry tomatoes over the cheese and broil for 3-5 minutes.
- Make sure you keep a close look while the eggplant is under the broiler as they can burn really fast. Serve while still hot. I had my eggplant pizza slices in between whole grain crusty bread and it was the bomb.